Ahmed Moustafa: A Lie called International Youth Day
Perhaps because I am following regional events more important than this event, especially the unconditional release of the Iranian oil tanker, despite the British and American pressure on the authorities of the Strait of Gibraltar not to launch the oil tanker, However, Iran has not yet freed the British tanker, which confirms that Iran is strategically a global power, not only a significant regional one.
Also, as I said before, there will be no war, no sooner or later, between Iran and America because of the bad global, American and Gulf economic conditions, and all reports acknowledge that America is entering a similar financial crisis with the same introductions of the Great Depression of 2007, and if Britain leaves the European Union, it will inevitably have the same fate, and this time the entry of drug barons will not work to save the situation as it did in 2008, which was coordinated by US and British intelligence.
The war with Iran, a staunch ally of Russia and China, will become a scourge of liberalism and may wipe it out, because these two countries will intervene in favor of their strategic partner, with America default to form any so-called Arab NATO or any alliance to deter Iran in the Gulf – this is to clarify.
Referring to the main theme – International Youth Day – we should ask the following questions:-
Are youth empowered in the world, even in the West? Where the UN Millennium Goals have gone? What are the most important global challenges facing youth leadership?
Firstly: Are youth empowered in the world – if we are talking about World Youth Day, why young people, for example, which represents at least 58% of the world census, and here this is a percentage, which represents the ability to work from the age of (15-54) according to the statistics of the UN, whereas most of them are not empowered. Here, we are not only talking about political empowerment, but also social, economic and media ones. Even in the United States, when “Occupy” movement emerged in 2011 as a reaction to what banks of Wall Street, the “Goddess of Lending”, did whether in the domestic economy of recession, or in the global economy, as “Occupy” demanded the change of extremist liberalism that dominates the global banking system, which makes the citizen captive and indebted to banks throughout his life, the movement was accused of communism, and even all its young members were imprisoned or deported, who were also affected by the January 25 revolution in Egypt, according to interviews made with some of its members in the same year.
As for the word “democracy” which we see it as a false word, not only in our Arab world and Africa, but also in the West, which brought extremists and inexperienced represented in the worst elements for ruling such as “Trump and Hillary Clinton” in America, Macron in France, “Theresa May” and then “Johnson” as head of Britain’s Conservative Party, with the presence of Gulf money which playing strongly in these countries, in a strange formula that has a strong and bad odure under the modern media.
However, we believe more in the word “good governance” than democracy, which may be applied in two countries as we shall see, perhaps “Germany” as a leading experience in the world and the West, which managed to exploit the young immigrants from Syria to integrate them into society and turn them into part of their economic power. Whereas the smell of European protests have not reached it, such as “Yellow Vests” in France, for the power of civil society, the media and trade unions in Germany.
The second experiment, perhaps in China, which is considered the first country economically by objective standards that has a pioneering experience in institutional building and fighting corruption, which was able to address poverty and unemployment through internal equations and policies, and learn from the experiences of other countries. China has not accepted to become part of the US Federal Reserve, it has a strong monetary policy, and the independence of monetary policy is a major part of the sovereignty and independence of countries in their decisions, it has an annual “two sessions” conference, which brings together 2,000 thought leaders, intellectuals and politicians from all Chinese regions to formulate China’s future policies and strategies in the form of feasible five-year plans. Indeed. Also, China has its own search engines and phone applications, whereas “Wechat” alone achieved 1.3 billion business deals in 2017, and through its global initiative, as via Silk Road, China has developed a future alternative for the UN and its institutions, which we have been disappointed with it.
In Russia, the situation is somewhat puzzling – because even with the choice of social justice represented by President Putin in a fair and transparent election in spring 2018, with the lack of change in the businessmen-oriented government of Medvedev, as well as the lack of price controls, and continued monopolistic practices by intercontinental companies, especially because of the sins of Yeltsin, whose effects will not end easily, especially with regard to Russian monetary policy, in this regard, please review the literature of the Russian economist Benjamin Katasonov. Then, the lack of a fair social security system guarantees the elderly a quiet and stable life, and Russian banks, which are away from financing small and micro enterprises that could create a generation capable of leading Russia economically in the future, while encouraging consumption loans similar to the practices of American and British banks in particular.
As well as not to benefit from the Chinese experience, this puts Russian youth in a state of confusion and insecurity and the desire to migrate abroad, although the unemployment rate according to Russian government statistics is only about 5%, this has fueled some limited protests calling for economic and social reforms that may serve Russian society, knowing that Russia is the largest country in terms of area and natural resources in the world with a very limited population ratio of only 150 million compared to this vast area.
Secondly: we wonder, “Where are the millennium goals that they made a headache for us about it, and then became a mirage?”
Unfortunately, the United Nations has not been able with all its organs; because it has, with our respects, a lot of corruption and political pressures, especially because it is existed on American lands; to achieve one of the goals of the new millennium, including the eradication of “poverty, disease, unemployment and youth empowerment” in the world, all of which are related primarily to youth and working age – it has become a tool over the past 40 years for the sake of the interests of the US and British regimes only, especially after the dissolution of the former Soviet Union, and America’s domination of the global decision.
Even worse, the United Nations tried to promote and spread American values, and all attempts to reform this international organization failed, which had been established primarily to activate and respect international law, maintain the sovereignty, independence and respect of States, good and safeguard the rights of peoples – thus, where is the role of peoples in the United Nations, especially young people?!!!
Even more, pressure has been increased on the United Nations and its specialized organizations by threaten to withdraw, or by not to pay the annual allocations to become a game in the hands of those who contribute more. We have a striking example “UNESCO”, which US has recently withdrawn from it, whereas the US has withdrawn from 11 international agreements in violation of international law and may also withdraw from the World Trade Organization, due to China’s demand for it to investigate the issue of circumvention of intellectual property, which America alleges against China.
Unfortunately, the Security Council has adopted many resolutions that are contrary to the interests of the peoples, which caused the loss of the world economy from 2001 to now nearly 14 trillion dollars, these include agreeing to occupy and strike Iraq and Afghanistan under the drama of Iraqi chemical weapons, striking Libya, agreeing to humiliate the Palestinian people, and not giving them their legitimate rights due to the Zionist apartheid regime. We also do not forget what is happening in Yemen because of the circumvention of the United Nations.
As well as the reckless use of America to the idea of economic sanctions for each country contemplating to oppose its policies and many examples “China, Russia, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Yemen, Venezuela and Cuba” with an International Monetary Fund (IMF) devoted to the economic occupation of peoples for the operation of American companies and their subcontractors from their affiliates. This has not only led to a major disruption to the Arab and Islamic world, but the countries of the South in general, which made them indebted countries and unable to reject the US dictates, with the instability and unemployment reached 150 million young Arabs under the statistics of the Arab Labor Organization at the same time.
Whereas the greatest hope among the majority of Arab or African youth, or in the South in general, is always to get a job opportunity, or to immigrate to any place, especially the rich countries from his point of view, whether the West or the former Gulf countries, or the Far East to get a suitable opportunity. And not to stay in his homeland and try to advance in the social ladder to become even leaders of thought and culture, for the impossibility of youth leadership in those societies, especially because of the poor economic and social conditions, with no decent level of culture, education, and media as well as civil society that could create a conscious human being. Bearing in mind, when the name of the Ministry of Knowledge was transformed into the Ministry of Education – the educational and the discipline sides certainly were collapsed.
The spread of invisible trade, especially “trafficking in arms, drugs and human beings”, especially in the soft countries or the countries that are close to it, and the linking of this trade with cartels and international lobbies, whereas America and Britain are trying to sow the conflict anywhere in the world, especially near the countries that oppose it in particular, to sell arms and to easily introduce drugs to these countries – for example, Egyptians spend 140 billion EGP, or about 8.5 billion dollars annually on drugs of all kinds, according to an article published in the newspaper Al-Youm Al-Sabe’a on April 26, 2018 with the same title, how do drugs enter Egypt? This amount could have been provided by the Egyptians would have become a substitute for IMF loan, which have damaged in somehow the Egyptian economy since 2016, knowing that the total loan is only $ 12 billion.
Thirdly: Challenges of Global Youth Leadership – I remember that there were three challenges I mentioned to Mr. Alan Stoga, President of the Swedish Talberg Foundation, which is awarding annual world awards for leadership. That’s when I got the news of my nomination for this world award this year, thus I told him there are three important challenges for leadership as follows:-
1. When there is a leadership initiative in any country, there is often a collision between it and either the ruling regime or powerful stakeholders so that their interests are not affected. This is a very important topic, which limits the leadership of youth in our societies and in the majority of the world – thus who protects youth leadership from regimes and stakeholders?!!!
2. As noted above, the United Nations has failed to make any gains for youth worldwide, and international organizations even circumvent the proposals and ideas of young people, through questions posed by these organizations on their e-pages, and then do not reward the owners of answers/constructive ideas – there is also a notorious equation even through employment within these organizations (young people and people of experience versus the elderly and people of trust), who solves this problem?!!!
3. The amounts Spent on sabotage and wars since 2001 and up to more than 14 trillion dollars – But it is time to respect the rule of the law and resort to diplomacy, and also the work of reason and the use of these funds to solve the problems of the world, including the youth and their crisis, which is a big crisis in particular “Empowerment”.
Thus, we propose to solve these problems in order to think in a practical and viable way, as we have several important events over the course of the rest of this year and the next year, as follows:
1. 1. We have the “Non-Aligned” Summit, which is chaired by “Azerbaijan” in October, and we proposed that Azerbaijan, in cooperation with China, Russia and Turkey, adopt the “Non-Aligned Youth Summit”. Initially, the focus is on networking between the youth of the 140 member states of the Movement, through feasible economic and cultural projects.
2. We have the St. Petersburg Cultural Forum which has 25,000 participants according to the latest statistics – Cultural content and the economy of culture is a big and very important economy, because culture, quite simply, and sport what brings people and youth closer, as they can erase stereotypes of “certain peoples, religions, sects and ethnicities” and can employ millions of young people, because in a single compilation, book, film, or series, hundreds of young people can work and generate a profit, if science and global experience are the foundation.
3. We have the annual Silk Road Summit which is being held in Beijing every year, whose members are more than 66 countries, and the economies and intra-trade between these countries exceed 6 trillion dollars. However, this initiative will not be effective without involving “peoples, youth, civil society and media” who may promote perfectly for the objectives of this initiative, and guarantees will be taken from Member States to support projects of partnership between youth from these countries, with the annual review of the progress of these projects.
4. We reiterate the need to create a search engine equivalent to Google, as China, Germany, Japan and Russia are no less efficient than America and Britain in this regard, which in turn will protect the intellectual property of young people, and will help spread e-commerce, as well as in spreading the economy of culture among the world’s youth, and also design a phone application called “World Youth” can address all young people in all major languages, and is developed for the development of trade and cultural product, whereas “Huawei” can be supportive of these initiatives, being the largest and most powerful telecommunications company In the world.
5. We have the St. Petersburg Economic Forum in Russia, which can be one of the largest platforms of young people in the world and accommodate their different and distinctive projects, since the Russian market requires this, which will raise the economic future of Russia.
6. We have the G20 Summit, which includes the 20 largest economic countries in the world, including America, and America must understand that it must be a partner in youth leadership in the world and to act as a respected and reliable party, as they are isolated day by day from the world, because this will affect positively on the US trade and economy.
7. We have the Tokyo Summer Olympics, the largest gathering of the world’s youth in sports, but Japan must adopt a global cultural forum for young people before the start of the Olympics, to introduce Japan, and to get acquainted with their counterparts around the world and to have some kind of experiences exchange, as well as to learn about the Japanese experience.
8. Fighting the drug and arms trafficking, and trying to resolve the conflict through diplomacy and international law, explaining the losses that may arise from a particular conflict between two countries, because the world economy will not bear future problems or conflicts, as this will not only affect States positively, but also peoples and individuals, with implementing a standard of justice, fairness and transparency in conflict resolution.
Perhaps these suggestions are limited and concise, but with the desire and political will of the States, which is the basic criterion, indeed the world will change and young people will have a significant value, because the youth of the world must unite by any manner and their awareness should be raised, and when if it happens, there will be no problems in the future.
We also hope that the teaching of economics curricula will change worldwide and that liberalism is not the only solution, and that there must be an organized and protective role by the state and a strong monetary policy should be maintained. And also to add a part of these curricula related to the future of the world to be made by young people, as well as economic thinking and innovation and how to create markets.
Last but not least – the concept of “freedom” is to be a responsible young man/woman, capable of being economically self-sufficient, not economically dependent on others, while “freedom” is not to act improperly, drinking drugs or alcohol, because the latter destroys your ability to think and will rob your will.
Please be guided accordingly.
Director of Asia Center for Studies and Translation
A Member of the CODESRIA and Group of Strategic Vision
Russia and the Islamic World